Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Most Important Thing

Ok, I guess I'm stuck with this title, even though there are some interesting current events that I think I would rather comment on.

So, I keep it short. The most important thing is: is there a metaphysical reality? That is, does something eternal exist that extends outside of our physical existence - a nonphysical "spiritual" realm?

And if so, have there been claims to knowledge of the truth of this spiritual reality?

And if so, can one or some of these claims actually be believed?

This is where many tend to drop out intellectually - "There's so much religion/spirituality/junk out there, so how could any of it be true?"

Well, something is true. Can it really be found out? Well, I suppose "certainty", in the scientific sense, will never apply to any spiritual matter, or even any historical claims. But there is to some extent evidence to be weighed. There are different degrees of uncertainty.

I have considered claims to spiritual knowledge/reality and I have come to a conclusion. Perhaps later this conclusion will be discussed. From my own experiences and conversations, there are many who live under assumption and belief without ever drawing conclusions or even making examinations. Because of this, their thinking is not anchored and they drift and lose themselves intellectually, unable to weigh and measure ideas according to a consistent personal position.

Besides, if there is a spiritual reality, and if it is possible to know something about it, is that not the most important thing?
(No? Then what is?)

No comments:

Post a Comment